The CJ First Candle grant program consists of two types of grants: Program Services and Research. Click the links below for more information about each type of grant
- Program Services Grants – Grants dedicated to providing funding for services related to Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), Sudden Unexpected Infant Death (SUID), and/or Infant Safe Sleep
- Research Grants – Grants dedicated to supporting important research in the areas of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), Sudden Unexpected Infant Death (SUID), and other sleep-related infant death
The following limitations apply to all grants awarded by the CJ Foundation
- The First Candle CJ Foundation does not make loans.
- The First Candle CJ Foundation does not award grants to individuals.
- The First Candle CJ Foundation does not provide funding for the following:
- Operating deficits
- Capital improvements/building projects
- Chairs or professorships
- Endowments, annual fund drives, direct mail solicitation, or fundraising events
- Purchase of advertising space
- Purchase of products such as t-shirts, cribs, crib sheets, and Sleep sacks®
- Grants intended to influence legislation or support candidates for political office
- Grants to another foundation or organization which distributes funds to recipients of its own selection
- The maximum amount that may be requested by an applicant shall not exceed one hundred percent (100%) of the applicant’s total operating budget.
- The CJ First Candle Foundation reserves the right, under certain circumstances, to make exceptions to the above.
- The CJ First Candle Foundation does not provide grants to organizations that discriminate, in policy or practice, against people based on their age, race, color, creed or gender.