Recently Funded Research Projects
CJ First Candle is committed to uncovering the cause(s) of SIDS and Other Sleep-related Infant Death. Since its inception, the CJ First Candle has provided millions of dollars in funding for ground-breaking research conducted by prominent researchers whose goal is to understand the medical underpinnings of SIDS, and to develop ways to eliminate the tragedy of SIDS and Other Sleep-related Infant Death. This research not only gets us closer to that goal but also guides education efforts and public awareness activities across the country.
The following is a list of recently funded research projects.
- The Bennett C. Endres Fellowship/Specialized Fellowship Training in the Neuropathology of Sudden Unexpected Death in Pediatrics (SUDP) – 2015
- Defining the Neuropathology of Sudden Unexpected Death in Pediatrics (SUDP) – 2015
- Individual Differences in Nervous System Development during Sleep – 2015
- Functional, anatomical, and molecular determination of cardio-repertory deficiencies in neonate lethal mouse lines – 2015
- Paternal Perception of Infant Sleep Risks and Safety – 2015
- Social Media and Risk-reduction Training for Infant Care Practices (SMART study) – 2014